Monday, August 6, 2012

The watering hole




Sport has always been an important part of my life. I have also always had a special affinity for water sports in general. This photo was taken at Victoria Lake Club where I paddle and is one of the places where I feel most at home.


The sense of family within a club is also important and the picture from within the bar looking out is an expression of this. The bar forms the social center of the club but is not the most important aspect. This can be seen from the reflection of the water in the mirror.

The first image was taken late in the day with the sun behind me. The shutter speed was set to 1/50 of a second with a wide aperture. The second was with the same aperture and a 1/2 second shutter speed to compensate for the lack of light within the club house.

No comments:

Post a Comment