Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Juggling on Oxford



Travelling through Sandton, one can not help but be impressed by the quality of busking on show. It was on the corner of Oxford and Corlett Drive that I came upon this gem of a man. Clearly already a master juggler, when I first approached him he was attempting to juggle and ride a unicycle - with hilarious consequences. Setting down the bike for a second he agreed to an impromptu photo shoot. 

In no time the bike was back out and I was treated to a lesson in the finer art of balancing what-was-not-designed-to-be-balanced. Ten minutes and a bruised pelvis later I realised that I was not cut out for this profession.
Along with the tarmac in my side, I was left with a memory to treasure from our city. The mans enthusiasm for what he does as well as a willingness to engage with a complete stranger is what is captured in this image. And one that shall be remembered by me every time I drive through the streets of Illovo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment